Ross' bloody blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just the facts Maam.


After just over a month with my new assistant Sean (Lead Singer in Ill System), I've lost him to Group IT. Hopefully, this is a temporary situation as Sean was as good at IT as he is frontman in a band.

It's me birthday on Saturday and I can't wait (mid-life crisis anyone?).

Torchwood got off to an auspicious start on Sunday, and thank fuck it was good.

OK, so Jack's as cheesy as ever and Cardiff looked suspiciously like the version of London we see in Doctor Who, but it's got my vote. It's an eclectic mix of sexy sci-fi, Avengers-type 'above the law' weirdness and cheesy 'british' humour all grounded by the freckly Eve Myles.

From the first moment in the first scene when one of the regular police grunts, "It's a fucking disgrace", you are forced to come to terms with the fact that this is the first spinoff set in a Whoniverse where everyone actually speaks like 'us'.

Anyway, it's got a pterodactyl in it.

More please.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Marko said...

It bears up well to repeated viewings- I'm really working my fanwank gland trying to fill in some of Jack's backstory. What are your thoughts on how he got from the Gamestation to Cardiff, via Torchwood London? It's only going to get better, I think!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Marko said...

Oh, Penblwydd Hapus for tomorrow, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home